Running a sales team is hard work. It’s not always easy to find a balance between encouraging quality performance and pushing Sales Team with new goals.
As a sales manager, your success depends on your team’s ability to meet performance goals. But sometimes, it’s hard to control and motivate members. There are a few steps you can apply to motivate and encourage your team to do better.
After all, your sales team is the backbone of your business. Here are some tips:
· Be a Mentor.
· If you want to become TATA , you need to have same attitude.
· Train your Team.
· Treat them well. (Respectfully)
· Create Good working environment.
· Show your Team a well-defined Career.
· Hand holding.
· Encourage internal promotions instead of Helicopter landing.
· People like to win. Help your Team to win. Guide them.
· Put right people at right job
· Assess will and Skill.
· Clear job description, Roles and Responsibilities
For a Sales Team to be successful, it need powerful activity, planning and review system. As a Sales Head, you’re the foundation of Sales Team. If you’re managing your team nicely and assisting them well , you’ll see true results.
For more, Please join my " High impact Sales Training" Online workshop. One - on -One Sales Coaching is also available for Senior Sales professional aspiring to take Leadership role.
Dr Praveen Srivastava, Business Coach & Management Consultant
Recipient of Philip Kotler excellence award in the area of Consulting and Training