top of page

Praveen Srivastava Group

Public·106 members
Jonathan Jones
Jonathan Jones

One Piece Episode 368

I mean, we try to do a good job of balance that out. I think the relationship piece is something we work at really, really hard, whereas intentional about the relationships as we are about the skills that we want our guys to be able to and fundamentals that we wanted to execute an offense and defense.

One Piece Episode 368

It was kind of interesting to see some of the One Piece anime. It really captures the feeling of the manga, but a lot of the episodes are full of reused footage. I think I would be hitting fast forward waaaaay too much if I were to watch the whole series. This was enough for me.

I want them to feel special. I want them to feel special because they have such a special piece. The textures that I put on the cup, the way that I put a handle on it or the way I make the form. Of course, they should all feel great in your hand. I put a lot of effort into that. Just like every potter would. Then you look at it and your discover something new every time you look at it. You just feel special because you have such a prestigious thing, because there is only eight of them.

I would say, just because of all the different techniques that I have picked up in Hungary and China and through my undergrad program, I mean there is not a lot of china painters here in the United States that draw on pottery or paint on pottery the way I do with such elaborate detail. I think that makes my pottery special. I think that sets my pottery apart from other pottery pieces.

Shannon Mattern: So if you're a do-it-yourselfer or a web designer, I have got tons of free resources to help you build a profitable, sustainable, and scalable business. So head on over to shannonmattern.com/free to get your hands on them. Okay. So let's go ahead and dive in to this week's episode. Welcome to episode 368 of Pep Talks for Side Hustlers. And I am so excited to introduce you to today's guest Abby, Ashley Abby is the founder of the The Virtual Savvy, where she helps. Let me start over. Sorry. I said Sabby, let me take a sip of this coffee to make a note, to tell my VA that I was like, there's a second 3, 2, 1 that you need to look for in this service. All right. So we will get started in 3, 2, 1,

Shannon Mattern: Welcome to episode 368 of Pep Talks for Side Hustlers. And I'm so excited to introduce you to today's guest Abby Ashley. Abby is the founder of the The Virtual Savvy, where she helps aspiring of virtual assistants launch and grow their own at-home businesses from scratch.

Shannon Mattern: I love that. We are very aligned in following our mentors because I started following him probably around the same time, 2016, and he puts out such incredible free content. I'll link up to him in this post. And I implemented every single free piece of anything that he ever did and used his own strategies on him as well, like the poster boy strategy or whatever. So I used that to get featured a few different times on the blog and different things. And then when he came out with Growth University and the Accelerator Series, I signed up for Partnership Accelerator, which rolled into Growth University. And that was one of the pivotal moments in my business because it was one of the really big investments that I made. Although when I looked back and I'm like, it wasn't that much. But it felt so stretchy, but also it was just like the stretchiness of going all in on myself and working with someone whose strategies were next level for me at the time. It was like a game changer in my business. My revenue doubled, and that was really the first time I actually paid for mentorship. As a scrappy techie entrepreneur who can figure out anything,

Abby Ashley: And then the other part has definitely been kind of the delegation piece. As we've grown, I obviously can't do everything on my own anymore, nor should I. And so just learning what are my swim lanes? What are the things that I do really well? I should have two or three of those. And at this point, try to delegate everything else. And that has been probably a two-year long transition for me to where I finally am like, oh my gosh, I'm CEO, and only CEO. When did this happen? So I think that comes with friction. Obviously that's not been an easy process, but man, the end result is so, so, so worth it.

Shannon Mattern: I love that. And I definitely can use that strategy with those decisions. I will make a decision and then unmake them and make them and make them and make them and unmake them. And I think that's probably the missing layer of taking the emotion out of it. Really intentionally taking the emotion out of what needs to happen. Okay. This is what needs to happen. Let's work on the emotion piece on the backend. Let's do it, like you said, and I would totally journal on that. I would do some Life Coach School modeling on it and figure it out. But making those decisions in my mind and then executing them and seeing them through are two totally different things. Let me ruminate on that for three months over here, you know? And I think that's really my next level of what I need to let go of. Making decisions take forever, making them and unmaking them.

[00:01:36] Many of our listeners use Patreon simply as a tip jar, others join for the perks that membership provides. For $5 or more per month, you'll get bonus podcast episodes, extra book recommendations, including our curated seasonal lists, and you'll be part of a wonderful bookish community. If you enjoy what we do here, we'd be grateful if you could support that work by clicking the link in our show notes or going directly to patreon.com/whatshouldireadnext. That's patreon.com/whatshouldireadnext.

And some of us kind of automatically do it piecemeal over the years. We don't even realize we're doing it but we are constantly assessing what was good about that, what didn't work about that, what does that mean for what I want to read next? But we all have to do it some way somehow. And you're doing it now and that's great.

Anne Bogel [00:49:15] Hey readers, I hope you enjoyed my discussion with Mollie, and I'd love to hear what you think she should read next. See the full list of titles we talked about today at whatshouldireadnextpodcast.com. Bookstagram can feel like a lot sometimes, we get it, so we keep it casual and fun on our shows page at @whatshouldireadnext. We share picks of our weekly episodes and talk about what's happening here at What Should I Read Next? HQ.

[00:50:04] Thanks to the people who make this show happen. What Should I Read Next? is created each week by Will Bogel, Holly Wielkoszewski, and Studio D Podcast Production. Thanks to our community manager, Sara Aeder. Readers, that's it for this episode. Thanks so much for listening. And as Rainer Maria Rilke said, "Ah! how good it is to be among people who are reading." Happy reading, everyone.

Ivan:I agree and I think the groups, in particular- and we are talking about increasing your connections primarily through groups on professions, target market, contact spheres, etc. I think that is the real vision making piece of BNI Connect. We did BNI Connect for a number of reasons. We wanted to have the operational system, a way to track referrals, a way to track membership and attendance- the admin piece of it.

JOËL: Appleton...on tools for thought. It was linked in the show notes of that episode. And I went back and read that article, and it was so good, particularly the section, I think, on historical tools for thought and how they, over time, were sort of groundbreaking in helping us to either remember things or to think about problems or ideas in a different way, or to sort of interrogate those ideas and see if we think they're true or helpful. And these were things like writing or the number system but even some more fancy things like the scientific method for the Cartesian coordinate system.

STEPHANIE: I definitely think the industry has a bias towards newness and change. And a lot of people want to pick up the hot, new technology and, like you said, rewrite code, especially when it's become hard to work with. And honestly, I think that could be its whole own episode, rewrites because I think you and I have pretty strong opinions about it.

STEPHANIE: Yeah, that's a really good point. I agree he is very clear about the intended audience. And so when you read this book, you are either on board because you value the same things he does, or you're not because you are focused and your goals are things that are different from him. So I think it was really helpful to get on the same page, even in a piece of content or in a piece of writing. Because I want to use my time well as a reader, so I want to make sure that what I am consuming makes sense for me, and I will find it worthwhile.

JOËL: I'm really excited about some of these ideas that are coming up from the book. I think today we basically just talked about the introduction, the idea of sustainability. But I think as maybe you read more in the book, maybe we can do another episode later on talking about some of the more specific technical recommendations, how they relate to sustainability and maybe share some of our thoughts on that.

This episode is really special because you get to hear where I feel stuck, and what advice Tim has for me to get out of that rut. He's been racking up views on YouTube since he first started making videos in 2006. There's so much to learn about how YouTube is different than a normal search engine, and what that means about how you have to think about your audience. We talk about how unlocking the power of story and asking yourself seven simple questions before you even start shooting can completely change the game.

Pat Flynn: He owns a YouTube channel called Video Creators, and he has helped some of the biggest brands and is now focusing on helping creators just like us with mastering and just getting better and fine tuning our YouTube strategies, which pertains to all kinds of videos actually. So I'm really excited because even in this conversation, you're gonna hear Tim offer me some suggestions for my own YouTube channel, and you'll hear a little bit of the struggles that I'm having so that you can actually get ahead of me and do better and get a little bit more ground more quickly than I did on YouTube. I've been on YouTube for nine years, and it's only now that I'm finally learning really how it works. And you can get that education today in this episode with our good friend Tim Schmoyer. So sit back, relax, play the intro. 041b061a72

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...

Members

bottom of page